Mentoring is an amazing way to grow, learn new skills and knowledge, build more confidence and have someone to encourage and support you as you complete your Duke of Ed Award. It’s an incredible opportunity, we promise!
Here are just a few of the things you can get out of being mentored;
- More confidence
- Support and encouragement
- Greater understanding of education, training and career opportunities
- New skills, knowledge and perspectives
- More doors into new networks
- Clearer idea about what you want to do in the future/career development
The benefits on each person are unique and vary from relationship to relationship. You will grow and learn a huge amount from your mentor’s experience which can shape your journey in a big way. Mentors often get a lot out of giving back and investing in young people too, and are usually always energized and inspired from the relationship.
The Go For Gold! Young Women’s Mentoring Program is open to all young women who are currently completing their Silver or Gold Award. The purpose of the program is to give you more opportunities and provide support as you grow through your Duke of Ed journey.
But what’s actually involved?
You’ll join a Mentee Skype training call in May, and then be matched with a Mentor. We’ll make sure you’re matched with the right Mentor (similar interests, live close-ish, have something you want to learn). Most mentors are part of our Duke of Ed Alumni and are working professionals or currently studying in interesting fields. You’ll aim to meet up with your mentor at least once every 6 weeks – 2 months.
- Read over the: Go for Gold Young Womens Mentoring Information_FOR MENTEES
- Email Program Coordinator Jasmine: email@example.com to express your interest
- Compete the ‘Mentee Matching Document’ (last page in the Info Pack above!)
- We will then invite you along to one of our Skype trainings for Mentees in May
- Mid-late May you will be matched with a Mentor and you’ll organise a first catch-up with them!
Please get in touch with Jasmine Mikschi if you have any questions or would like further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 8412 9333