Achieving your Gold Award is a massive accomplishment. We recognise this through many channels – most notably, The Gold Award Ceremony. It’s the culmination of your journey with The Duke of Ed, where friends, family, your Coordinator, Principal, University Chancellor (and other key university staff), Awards Victoria and the Governor of Victoria acknowledge your achievements in a public forum.
If you are close to completing your Gold Award, we need your Record Book!
To be eligible to attend the Gold Award Ceremony in December, completed Gold Record Books MUST be received by Awards Victoria for assessment by WEDNESDAY 16th OCTOBER at the latest.
Please make sure you:
- Go over all your dates to ensure you meet the requirements
- Check in with all your Assessors and make sure your have their signatures and reports
- Go over all your Sections to check that everything is filled in and you’ve included your reflections
- Ensure your contact details are up to date and correct
- Go to your Coordinator and have them double check all the details so that you have time to make adjustments if necessary
- Post or drop your Record Book in to Awards Victoria, 73-77 Wellington St, Collingwood VIC 3066.
Once your Record Book is submitted for assessment, there will be a two-week turnaround for approval.
If your Record Book is approved, the following key dates apply:
- Friday 1st November: you will be sent an Expression of Interest from Awards Victoria to attend the Gold Award Ceremony.
- Monday 11th November: you will have to return your completed Expression of Interest form. Please note you must return the form even if you are unable to attend.
- Mid November: if you have indicated that you wish to attend, you will be sent an official invitation from Government House. Please note that you and your guest must RSVP directly to Government House.