Behind every Bronze, Silver and Gold Awardee, we know there is an entourage of support that comes together to create this incredible success. Therefore, it is with great pleasure that we are bringing back…
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Australia Victoria’s ‘Excellence and Innovation Awards’ to recognise the outstanding commitment and support of our ‘behind the scenes’ champions.
These are individuals, schools and organisations that have made a significant contribution in the areas of Innovation, Longevity, Outstanding Program Delivery and Youth Leadership.
So if your school or organisation is delivering an outstanding Award Program, as Award Leader you go above and beyond, or one of your YAL Participants leads by example time and time again, we want to hear from you!
Nominations for each Excellence and Innovation Award can be made by Award Leaders, Principals, parents, students, young people, community groups and The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Australia – Victoria staff through the selection criteria in the Excellence & Innovation Awards: Complete Information and Nomination Pack.
Last year's winners presented at The 2014 Gold Award Gala.
Winners of the ‘Excellence and Innovation Awards’ will be selected by an independent judging panel and announced at our Gold Award Gala on Saturday 5th December at The Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
This is a great opportunity to recognise dedication to youth development within your community and raise the profile of your leading Duke of Ed program.
Download the Excellence & Innovation Awards: Complete Information and Nomination Pack for further information
Nominations are now open!
There are four award categories that fall under The Excellence and Innovation Awards. We encourage you to nominate yourself, your school and/or any other individual you believe deserves recognition in one or more of the following award categories:
The Innovation Award
- For an individual, school or organisation delivering the Award in an innovative way
- Download the Innovation Award Nomination Form
The Longevity Award
- For an individual, school or organisation that has successfully delivered an exemplary Award program for over 10 years
- Download the Longevity Award Nomination Form
The Outstanding Program Delivery Award
- For an Award Leader making outstanding achievements in facilitating the Bronze, Silver or Gold Award
- Download the Oustanding Program Delivery Nomination Form
Youth Award Leadership
- For a young person who has demonstrated significant leadership within the Award, their organisation, and as a self-leader
- Download the Youth Award Leadership Nomination Form
Please note that if you have previously won an Award in one of the above categories, you will not be eligible to enter that same category for the next three years. We do encourage you however to enter other categories if applicable. These rules do not apply to previous finalists.