Entries close 5pm, Sunday 17 March!
The countdown is on! With entries closing at 5pm on Sunday 17th March, now is the time to submit your Roving Reporter competition entry. We’ve got some tools to help!
Creating your video:
You don’t need fancy equipment to make a great video. All you need is a phone or a camera to take that records video and you’re on your way. You can do your entry in a single take, or if you want you can use a simple video editor such as iMovie or Windows Movie Maker to put different footage together. Remember, your video only needs to go for up to a max of 60 seconds max – shorter than most ad breaks. Super quick with room for creativity!
Here’s an example entry that our Ambassador, Nathan, has put together. It’s as simple as that!
Entry is easy:
- Create one video (up to 60 seconds) and one blog post (up to 250 words) showing us why you would be a great Dukes Roving Reporter
- Once you’ve made your video, upload it to YouTube
- Then go to www.licensetoadventure.com.au/apply to fill in the form, add the YouTube link and blog post (word doc)
- Hit submit!
Some ideas to get you started:
- Interview people in your life about why you’d be a great Roving Reporter
- Interview yourself!
- Give us the inside scoop on your Volunteering / Physical Rec / Skill or AJ activities
- Reel off the top 5 unique facts about doing Duke of Ed at your school
- Do a quick profile on notable characters in your Duke of Ed class
What are we playing for?
If you win one of 4 Roving Reporter spots, you’ll share in a prize pool of $10,000 including an iPad mini and $500 NAB/VISA card to help with your year of reporting. The overall winner takes home a prize pool worth $5,000 including the title of ‘Dukes Roving Reporter 2013 & Youth Ambassador 2014’, and internship with Portner Press, a camera and a Channel 9 News experience. You can visit the website for a full list of prizes.