The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in Australia – Victoria:
Role: Administration Assistant
Location: Melbourne (Fitzroy)
Work Type: Ongoing Full-time role
Closing date: Sunday 25th October 2015
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award was set-up in the aftermath of WWII in 1956, in the UK. The goal of the Award is to give all young people aged 14-25 the chance to develop skills for life and work, fulfil their potential and have a brighter future. Today it has become the world’s leading youth achievement award and is present in more than 140 countries, reaching more than eight million young people.
In Victoria, the Award has been running for over 50 years, helping nearly 150,000 young people to become empowered young leaders, energetic involved community members and to realise their potential.
In the next fifty years, we plan to expand our impact and reach one million young Victorians from diverse backgrounds including Indigenous youth, remote and rural communities, and other young people who are unable to afford access due to social and economic disadvantage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our team to support our administration and office
- Be detail orientated
- Manage emails and calendar/appointments of CEO
- Attend meetings/retreats and prepare agendas
- Record and distribute minutes of meetings
- Manage databases and prepare reports
- Handle information requests and attend queries
- Coordinate occasional travel arrangement
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned
- Work well in a small team
- Be a Proactive thinker
- work to a steady pace
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
- Experience and/or desire working in an administrative role
- Strong customer service skills
- Compliance focused
- Working with Children Check (or willing to apply for one)
- Current Drivers licence
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up– enjoy ensuring all of your ” I”s are dotted and “T’s” crossed
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and in person
- A high level of computer skills and database skills
What we offer:
- A highly driven and young team
- Work under and be mentored by a remarkable and effective office manager
- Work closely with highly entrepreneurial CEO
- An innovative & entrepreneurial culture
- Access to ongoing business & skill coaching
- Ongoing learning and growth
- Competitive Salary, super & salary packaging benefit
In this role you will thrive in putting your compliance focus to great use whilst managing the Award assessment function. You will ensure that all Participants have their Record Books assessed within the requirements of the programs, as well as assisting with the general administrative function of The Duke of Ed.
Your strong attention to detail will allow you to ensure the relevant details are recorded into the database.
Your passion for delivering a high level of customer service will put you in great stead as you liaise with various stakeholders over the phone (such as Participants, Award Leaders and parents), including providing feedback to Participants who have not successfully completed their Award.
With a strong administrative focus you will enjoy a variety of administrative tasks including ordering Record Books, sending the completed Record Books back to the Participants, opening the general mail, inputting new Participants and updating continuing Participants in the database, and handling general phone enquiries. You will also assist in providing statistical Participant information on a monthly basis to the Board.
If this is you, then tell us why you are the best person for the role by sending your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com with the reference ‘Administration Assistant’.
Closing date: Sunday 25th October 2015