Do the Award through a registered Award Unit (your school or an organisation!)
You can participate in the Award programs through a registered Award Unit. An Award Unit is a school, organisation or institution licensed by Duke of Ed Victoria to run the Awards. For example, a school, community group, university, or a sporting group.
Over 350 educational institutions and organisations run one or more Award programs across the state. We recommend that you first check with your school, uni or local community organisations to see if they run the Award you’re after.
There are a few simple steps to follow in order to register:
1. Find out if your school, uni or local community organisation is an Award Unit
2. If so; speak with the Award Leader, this is the person (usually a teacher) responsible for running the program within their setting.
3. If you’re not sure, feel free to contact us by phone 03 8412 9333 or email email@example.com
Do the Award through an Open Award Center
If your school, uni or local community organisation doesn’t run the Award you’re after, you can register through an Open Award Center. This means that you work independently towards your goals outside of the structure of a school or tertiary institute.
Duke of Ed Victoria acts as your Award Leader, offering support and advice on your activities, goals, finding service providers and opportunities, checking that you’ve met the Award requirements, and Record Book assessment and approval.
There are some simple steps to follow in order to register through an Open Award Center:
1. Double check that your school, uni or local community organisation/s doesn’t run the program
2. Read up on the Award program that’s right for you and the 2016 fee structure.
3. Speak with Duke of Ed Victoria to discuss your needs and workshop your questions. You can contact us by phone 03 8412 9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Complete and submit the Online Independent Participant Expression of Interest form
Once you submit the form, you’ll receive confirmation of your expression of interest via email. A member of the team will be in touch with you to follow up your expression of interest and process payment. On receipt of payment, Duke of Ed Victoria will send out a welcome pack along with your Record Book and Activity Planning Sheet to get you started.