Putting your hand up to get involved in the Award is just the start of the big adventure that awaits!
Some of the many benefits of completing your Duke of Ed include:
- The chance to get out of your comfort zone, increase your confidence and discover a real sense of adventure!
- Improved employability skills – the Award looks great on a resume and might just help you land that dream job!
- Increased confidence, self-esteem, maturity, self-leadership skills and resilience
- Increased resourcefulness and organisation, goal-setting and time- management skills
- The chance to meet new people as you engage with the community and environment
- The chance to maintain or improve your fitness
- Recognition for the amazing things that you’re already doing!
Some specific benefits for your education and employment include:
- early entry into university: through our partnership with La Trobe University, you could be rewarded with priority access to study via La Trobe’s early admissions program, Aspire.
- education pathways and accelerated learning, including bonus ATAR points for UNSW Australia, and other state-specific study benefits.
- access to The Duke of Ed Employer Program: this program benefits Awardees by directly recognising the skills and experience they have demonstrated through the Award, including communication, organisation, decision-making and teamwork skills. Participating employers recognise and endorse the Award through their recruitment processes for entry-level employees. A recent survey revealed that 96% of Duke of Ed Gold Awardees in Victoria increased their chance of getting a job and gained confidence to pursue their career goals.
- international accreditation and recognition: The Duke of Ed is delivered and recognised in more than 140 countries.