Participating in the Award programs is a unique and exciting journey for young people and their families. You will see all kinds of new talents and skills unleash in your child as they achieve their Award.
This can include:
- Confidence, self-esteem, maturity, self-leadership and resilience
- A sense of greater responsibility towards others and their community
- A greater sense of identity
- important lifelong skills: organization, goal setting, time management and resourcefulness
- Employability skills that could help land them their first job
- The chance to meet new people, engage with the community, the environment and maintain their fitness
- Achieve recognition and a real sense of accomplishment
Other benefits for parents include:
- The opportunity to play a vital role in providing support and encouragement as your child works towards their goals.
- The chance to watch your child grow as they progress through the program
- Access to support, advice and information through Duke of Ed Victoria. We are here to help and can provide many tips to help you support and point your child in the right direction. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!